Brake involves a number of experts from the fleet industry in the judging of awards entries to help determine the winners and highly commended entrants in each category.
Judges at Fleet Safety Awards 2018
Company Driver Safety Award (small fleet), sponsored by Fleetmaster:
Company Driver Safety Award (medium fleet), sponsored by Fleetmaster:
- Dr Lisa Dorn, associate professor of driver behaviour at Cranfield University.
Company Driver Safety Award (large fleet), sponsored by Fleetmaster:
- Harvey Stead, sales and marketing director at FMG;
- Andrew Drewary, consultant collision analyst at Andrew Drewary Consultancy.
Sustainable Journeys Award:
- Bob Saynor, environmental transport consultant at Freight Transport Association;
- Angela Pisanu, editor at GreenFleet.
Dr Will Murray Award for Analysis and Action, sponsored by eDriving Fleet:
- Deirdre Sinnot McFeat, transport safety and vehicle risks policy maker at Health and Safety Authority Ireland.
Fleet Safety Innovation Award, sponsored by Geotab:
- Professor Nick Reed, head of mobility R&D at Bosch.
Fleet Safety Partnership Award:
- Malcolm Maycock, director at Licence Bureau Ltd;
- Niall McNally, HR manager at National Vehicle Distribution.
Fleet Safety Product Award, sponsored by Ocado Foundation:
- Nikki Skegg, national manager – SHEQ at Freight Transport Association.
Road Safety in the Community Award, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson:
- Tracey Fuller, customer relationship manager at Arval - BNP Paribas Group;
- Alison Moriarty, fleet risk director at Arriva Bus UK.
Safe Vehicles Award:
- Mark Milton, lead for vehicle procurement and standards at NPCC;
- Graham Telfer, fleet manager at Gateshead Council.
Road Risk Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Licence Bureau:
2017 judges included representatives of organisations including ACFO, ARI, BVRLA, CILT Fleet News, Loughborough University, TRL, and the FTA. Judges for the 2018 Fleet Safety Awards will be announced shortly.